For those of you who don't know, I love "the news". One of my favorite daily activities is to read the latest news articles online. It would be a complete dream of mine to be a foreign correspondent one day (one amongst many that is). The internet has really shrunk the world for most Americans. No longer can people be ignorant about world issues because information is so easy to get these days. I believe it is important to read different news sources to discover truth about a situation and even then, it may be impossible to figure out. My family members get multiple emails from me throughout the day about different articles I've read (at least on the slower days in the clinic). Nerdy, some may say, but stories about different places, about people's daily lives that are so different from mine, about what culture thinks about Jesus, about travel, this is what fascinates me! Here are some stories that I have been reading (a couple are video news reports) in the past few days...
What do you think?
2 comments:
What do I think? I think the thought of Fez makes me want to move back to Morocco. Who cares about anything else. (jk) Will we ever be normal again???
Oh yeah, and I have no desire to go to China. Maybe I'll visit one day but it's just really not at the top of my list.
Aaaand...do you miss me? Yeah, I thought you did. I'm secretly working a psychological experiment on you to see if I can get you to miss me enough, you'll never want to leave. Ok, that sounds pretty psycho, doesn't it...(but is it working???)
I heard about that Claiborne article. I love him. I clicked on the link in your feed and went to the article. After I read it, I clicked on the "From the Blogs" link and it came up with your blog! Nice!
Have you read any of Shane's stuff?
Post a Comment