Today was my first day of work again.
I still think jobs and the IRS and insurance and 401-K's are over-rated.
I don't know why people think if you don't have an 8 to 5 job you are considered free-spirited and slightly irresponsible.
I think non-8 to 5 jobs should be the norm.
I think everyone, I repeat, EVERYONE, should save enough money to quit your job for a month or months or year or years and travel.......
On the other hand, I'm really quite excited about my job.
I'm working with Tri-County Health Department in the Family Planning Division as a Public Health Nurse in a women's clinic.
I'll write more later after I have more thoughts about what I do from 8 to 5 Monday-Friday.
6 comments:
I was thinking about you and your new job today! I'll be excited to hear how it goes! And I LOVE the pictures of your house. Good job!
yes i want to hear more please. 8-5 = stupid but glad you like your job.
martha, i'm in total agreement with you! i think 8-5 jobs are completely overated.
Work is good. Everyone needs a job. However, careers are overrated. But I need money to travel. It's a catch 22.
So I'm looking forward to hearing more about your job. Seeing "Tracy McElhattan" on the right side of your blog made me freak out a little. I also had to backspace while writing it because it's much harder to type. :-) The real world is COMPLETELY overrated. I don't know why everyone makes such a big deal about it when you're in high school.
i LOVE your cozy home! supre cute and so you! where did you get that awesome rug in your room - in your "book nook"? i just love it! hey, i totally agree with your last post. if i wasn't married already i think i'd work a little, travel, work a little, travel. haha. i love your way of life! and what a perfect job you got! it sounds great for you! i'm excited to hear how you like it and what all you get to do. i wonder ifyou'll get to do those home visits for 1st-time moms. . . like we saw in clinicals. that'd be fun. happy may day!
Post a Comment