Last call...if you want to come visit me before Christmas, you have 6 days remaining.
Then I am out of here for my family's homestead in the South (for longer than 1.5 days I might add, as this was the length of my last and only visit there since I moved out here last March...simply absurd)!!!!!!
But if you DO decide to come to Colorado this week to stay with me, this is a short list of what awaits you...
1. We will sit in my living room under a cozy blanket sipping hot Big B's Fabulous Spiced Apple Cider admiring the below pictured fake tree. I know, I know, the idea of putting a fake or real tree in your house is a rather odd idea when you truly think about it. Although it is a beloved tradition for my family and I have fond memories of trekking up onto the land I grew up on with my father and siblings and searching for the perfect tree. Then the excitement that ensued by sawing it down and dragging it up to the house with the biggest smiles on our faces. We were always so proud to show our mother what we had done. I digress. But since I am storing some of Sarah's things here in my house for the time being, I thought I should make use of her little tree and ornaments since they only get out of their boxes and used once a year anyways.

4. We will watch one of my new favorite Christmas movies, Joyeux Noel.
5. We will peruse The Oxford Project book which I recently borrowed from the library and now I look/read it every night and continue to be fascinated with the changes.
6. We will go downtown and enjoy the Christmas lights!
7. We will go to the Denver Christkindl Market. Christmas time and "Germany"-ish experiences go together like Sarah and coffee. If I can not be in Germany this year as I was last year at this time, a Christkindl Market in Denver will be the next best thing.
8. We will go up to the MOUNTAINS and bask in the beauty. I don't even need to use words to describe the greatness of that.

9. We will discuss how wonderful it will be for me and my mental health to see these two precious friends next week!

Isn't that just the sweetest, plump little face?

And Gabriel does look a little checked out in these pictures from being dragged all over San Francisco in the cold, rainy weather. But I will tell you, he seriously was the best baby ever, it was a bit unbelievable. I don't think he cried or fussed once while we were walking and exploring San Fran in the chilliness. Quite incredibly cute and good at the same time! I can not wait to get my hands and kisses all over him :)
10. Then we will sit around and talk about how great these cuties are too and how I can not wait to play all day with all of them too!


OK so who should I be expecting this week????
Merry Christmas to all...
9 comments:
I love how your life centers around all the children in your life. They're just too cute to pass up!
And if we can't be in Germany (sigh) then just bring me some Big B's!!!
And good job with the tree. I love the white lights and red balls. So classic. We need nothing more.
Less than a week, habibti! Hurry home! (And I would say that we could take an old-fashioned stroll through the woods in Anne-and-Diana style but Dad keeps telling me that I scare the deer. Hmmm.)
And where did you find Smitten Kitchen?! She has so many good ideas that look really delish!!!
That would be from my dear friend Pascha's blog...she has a link to it on the side. Great huh? I've already gotten some new recipes from there to try out on everyone at Christmas...
ohhh mamm if i could i would hop in my car and drive up to see you TOMORROW!
But seriously maybe sometime in March the little man and i will take a road trip to CO! lets plan on that
I SEE YOU NEXT WEEK!!!
dont you love smitten kitchen ive made a few of her things, and they have all been wonderful...particulary her chicken salad yumm!
love you
You're making me want to hop in my car and drive on up there! Forget work!
Ooh, I'd love to come see you! I really think of you often and wish we lived close enough to have coffee every week. I really do.
Glad you got to see Pascha!
Thanks for stopping by on the blog.
First of all, I have never had Big B's Fabulous Spiced Apple Cider, but I think that I should. Secondly, searching for our own Christmas tree on our own land was much more fun than purchasing one from a lot. Thirdly, Pumpkin Cupcakes with Maple-Cream Cheese Frosting...yum! And lastly, Caleb keeps singing the theme song from A Charlie Brown Christmas movie, so I think that you should bring the album with you. I cannot wait to see you! I love you!
Sounds lovely! If I was nearby I'd be there in a heartbeat! Thanks for visiting my blog :)
Ok, you get the same sister memo: It's time for a blog update. Thank you.
Post a Comment