I know, I know...here we go again. I moved about 3 weeks ago and I have had multiple family and friends ask to see pictures of the new place. I thought about refusing to put pictures up anywhere on the Internet, thus forcing people to come visit me in person to see where I live. But I thought that would be a bit selfish of me? Although, I have PLENTY of room for visitors and Colorado is gorgeous in the Fall... So here come the pictures...(My father and I decided that since I tend to be somewhat mobile and he and my mom have always been oh so gracious to help me move, next time I am going to simplify the goods, particularly my books, in my home by at least 50%. I think he would prefer if I only owned what I can carry on my back and on one hand, I would definitely be ok with that.)
The Kitchen where I cook.
The area with the couch (I don't like calling it the Living Room because what does that even mean? Do I not live in the other rooms too? Sorry just a minor thing that bothers me.)
My Bedroom (now that name makes sense.)
The Bathroom
I watched I'm Not There this weekend. A few months ago, I watched it with Sarah and for some reason, I was not feeling it. And we didn't even watch the whole thing, we flipped it off before it was even halfway through. I was sorely disappointed because I have a deep appreciation for Bob Dylan, his life, his music, his poems and was expecting a great film. So I gave it another try this weekend because I really wanted to like this movie. And I did this time. I guess different films, music, books, or poems may be disgusting to you at one point in your life and then deeply important at another time. I had this experience with Coldplay when I first heard them in high school. I didn't care to ever hear them again. But as I got older (and wiser!) I realized their talent and the words of their music echoed issues I had been turning over in my head. Now they are one of my favorite bands. This is what happened with this film. I think I didn't "get it" the first time. Not that I would claim that I understand it all now. There are 6 different actors and actresses that portray Bob Dylan at different points in his life. He is known for somewhat leaving one persona and transforming into another completely different person throughout his life and this shows through his music and personal life. Beyond the outstanding music throughout the film, the acting and story is just dazzling. This movie has made Bob Dylan tunes to be playing in the background of the rest of my weekend activities. Definitely check it out if you like Bob Dylan or good movies.
8 comments:
I love all the colors in your place! And that you store your bike in the kitchen. That's where I stored mine for 2 years. Currently it is in an extra bedroom. :-)
I love it! I love the orange/rust accent wall, all of the colored/patterned textiles, and all of the books! Cute! And I cannot wait to see it in person...Colorado is on the list!
You definitely need to hang the Palestinian print above your flea market chairs. That wall needs color. (Or maybe a big picture of ME!!! HA.) And your bedroom came together quite nicely. Love the fabric art above the bed. Love the colors...very YOU...gives me an "Apartment Therapy" vibe if I do say so myself!
Now about that film...I didn't get it then and I still don't get it. I know, you're not surprised. Although this week I have been listening to Let Me Die in My Footsteps over and over and over again. I'm trying to convince myself that working at Starbucks can be a temporary equivalent of letting every state in this union sink deep down in my soul but...sheesh...it's difficult, I tell ya. Trying to see the positive!!!
Oh yeah, I'm glad you clarified that you COOK in the KITCHEN. I thought that was funny until I remembered that in our flat in Morocco we really DID cook wherever we could find a spot, and usually that was in the entryway/lounge/refridgerator room! Ok, that IS funny. Remember when we would have people over for dinner and we would have to crowd around that tiny little table and the frashes?! And Nabila used to always slide off!!! Oh, now I'm rolling. Hilarious!
oh how i miss you!!! i cannot wait for you to be here!
Hey Martha! Your place is super cute--love the bedroom especially. It is nice to find you on the blog circuit--I'm still new to this thing, so it is nice to see a friendly face! :)
Your place is sooo you! I love it! It just screams Moth Ball to me and I can not wait to see it!
So I miss you. Need to see you STAT. Thinking a trip to Denver might be happening at the first of the year, so put me in your planner (or Blackberry, or Outlook or IPhone). Whatever your choice of scheduling is, mark me down).
maybe i'll just join in on that trip to denver with alisha! the pics of ur place a great. I have though about it, and i think your color would be terracota. warm and earthy...just like you. love u frined
Post a Comment