Monday, October 01, 2007

some call me a scarf model...ha



Last evening, I successfully completed my first knitted article of clothing: the beautiful brown scarf adorning my neck in the pictures. (Of course, any who know Sarah and me, we had to take pictures and document the moment!) When we went to Chefchaouen last weekend, we bought over 2 kilos of yarn because the yarn seller man would not sell less than 1 kilo per color of yarn and we wanted 2 colors, thus, we came home with a plethora of yarn. Sarah was a terrificly patient instructor while teaching me. Shortly thereafter, I became addicted to twiddling my knitting needles and I have already dreamed up a number of different color schemes to use with this incredible amount of yarn we have lying around our flat. Now I'll be able to keep my self warm if there is no store nearby that sells scarves or blankets (I hope to add hats, socks, and sweaters one day...schway-schway...little by little they say in Arabic.) Just another skill to add to my list of learning how to live off the grid....one day...

2 comments:

kate said...

i can't wait to knit together..although I'm still stuck on just using one color..

i LOVE the scarf..GOOD WORK...i'll look forward to a pair of booties ;)

Julie Garrett said...

WHAT?!?! You knit also? How long have you been out of the country?