Monday, September 17, 2007

The Countryside.



Even though the town we live in is quite small compared to cities like Cairo, Rome, Amman, Paris, Istabul, Bangkok, Rangoon, there are villages nearby us that are even smaller and more up in the mountains...here in Morocco we like to call this The Countryside. A dentist and dental hygenist came recently to offer their services to countryside folk and Sarah and I went with them all week. (I even learned how to pull teeth! Just let me know if you need any assistance with your loose teeth when I get back to America...ha) For some reason in the countryside, the mint tea is sweeter, the tagine (Moroccan stew that is very common) is tastier, the air is crisper, the people are friendly and the sound is silence. I absolutely love the countryside. Life is simple, time is not rushed, and family and friends are cherished deeply. Being out there with these people gives me motivation for my Rifi language lessons...


This little boy had a handful of teeth that were decayed. He came to the center by himself (which is rare in this culture...everyone always has a friend or family member with them wherever they go) He was so brave during the anesthesia and extractions. I want to have a little fellow like him one day.


Just call me "Dr." Martha....









No comments: