I accepted my first job as a college graduate almost a month ago but I am finally going to start on Monday at 7:00 am. I am a Labor and Delivery Nurse at Willow Creek Women's Hospital in Fayetteville, Arkansas...that's right...I am now Martha Highfill, RN. Does that scare anyone as much as me? Maybe not "scare", but I am trying to accept the increased level of responsibility I now have at my job and in any environment I will be in. I definitely can't wait though to be able to tell a new mother with confidence..."Oh yeah, your fundus is definitely firming up well!" or "That's the best latching-on reflex I've seen in a baby!"
3 comments:
I guess nurses loose all sense of modesty...I have not laughed that hard in quite a few days! You will be a WONDERFUL labor & delivery nurse!
Oooooo, I'm so excited for you! Just imagine what it will be like to "catch" your first baby (even though I guess you don't technically catch them)! Any new mother will be very lucky to have you taking care of her during one of life's most wonderful moments.
yea!! i hope you have a great first day martha! you will do great...I can't wait to hear all the stories.
Post a Comment