Ok, so I realize the statement "I'm too busy" is totally not a legitimate excuse for "copying and pasting" a post written by my wonderful sister on her blog (sarahannhighfill.blogspot.com) but I also realize that she introduced the shop rather well and there's nothing else I want to add so why not?
"Well, it's been a long time coming. And by "a long time" I do mean a super duper loooooong time. I've been making stuff left and right and up and down for what seems like ages now and I think every single person I know has told me that I should just take a leap of faith and start selling things but as with every decision I make in life, I like to take my time. Probably more time than is necessary for most normal people but I digress. So I thought about this idea, then a friend told us about a boutique show we should enter, then actually did the boutique show (with Martha), then thought about it some more, then decided I didn't have any time for it, then decided that nursing school actually wasn't THAT hard and I did have time for it, then thought about it some more, then opened a
shop on Etsy.
In case you haven't heard, Etsy is the absolute best way to waste an entire Saturday afternoon. It's just wonderful! You can stare at page after page of beautifully handcrafted items of all sorts and can find anything you ever thought you might need or don't need at all and before you know it, you've wasted an entirely perfect day that you could have used for actually sewing something but instead stared at things that have been sewn by someone else. Anyway, it's brilliant.
So Martha and I have a shop. And most of what is currently in the shop is stuff that is ON SALE and needs to go in order to make room for new pretty things that we're dreaming up. The only downside is that we can't immediately put a cupcake and a cup of coffee in your hand the second you step into our shop like we would if we had a real brick and mortar store but just know that we would really like to just sit and enjoy your visit and chat about things like doilies and tomato plants and that new quilt you're hand stitching and if you happened to buy something, that would just be icing on the (cup)cake. (And hopefully you would tolerate my cheesy jokes that I think are hilarious.) So stop by for a visit! We would be happy to "see" you!"

No comments:
Post a Comment