Saturday, October 11, 2008

golden aspens in the mountains...bliss.

First and foremost, Julie, don't get jealous but...

My beautiful parents and sister came to Denver to help me move apartments a couple of weeks ago.  And the Highfill's can not come to CO without a trip out to the Rockies.  It just happened to be the perfect time when the aspen leaves were transforming into the most gorgeous golden color.  We drove up to Nederland and these pictures were taken along the way.  My dad said when my mother and him came out west in autumn for the first time as a newly married couple in the '70's, my mom was simply astounded by the aspen.  She said it looked like butter was melting down the mountains.  I like that analogy alot.  

So I think I've convinced these three to move out here and start our commune.  Now I need to focus my attention on the loved ones in Mississippi and Virginia.  My plan is slowly working!  Just joking but a girl can dream.  Actually what would be better is to convince them all to move to Morocco or Tunisia or Afghanistan and live together on a commune there! Ha. 





2 comments:

Julie Garrett said...

BEAUTIFUL! Yes, I am jealous! I would LOVE to see the golden aspen in October! And, of course, the beautiful people in your pics as well! I love you more!

Anonymous said...

i miss the fall...

and i would move to a commune in morocco, tunisia or afghanistan with you.... say, in august? :)