Friday, August 08, 2008

good music on Sesame Street...

So I NEVER thought I would ever mention the words "Sesame Street" on my blog.  But this was just too good to pass over.  

My sister, her husband and my nephew Caleb decided they needed to get out of the Mississippi heat and humidity and enjoy the cool mountain air here in Colorado this week.  Recently Julie told me that she had discovered a few old "vintage" Sesame Street clips and songs on YouTube that she showed Caleb and he loved the songs immediately.  He has always been a musical kid. He is constantly humming a tune or singing a song.  And he has some killer dance moves. Tonight, Caleb and I were watching his favorite song "The Alligator King" from Sesame Street when I saw the following clip, which is a remix of one of Feist's most widely known songs. Simply, this is genius. I was already a fan of Leslie Feist's music but this just adds to the
enjoyment. I am and will always be a proponent of helping to establish a solid base of good
music in children when they are young. Thus, why I regularly send mix CD's to Caleb to do my 
part of his musical education! Anyways, what a partnership...Feist and Sesame Street.



And here is the video of the original song from Ms. Feist...


No comments: