Thursday, June 12, 2008

good job NPR...

I read this article today and at the end, I found myself thinking, "Ok, now this is a lady who is a 

positive example of an American that the rest of the world can appreciate."

3 comments:

Julie Garrett said...

I agree!

Sarah said...

Before I clicked on the link I thought, "Was Mom on NPR and didn't tell me?!?" but then I realized that surely she wouldn't forget to mention something as significant as that but I never guessed Laura. She's a classy lady. I like her a lot. I wonder how she ended up with George...

J May said...

Yeah, I agree. I'm glad that somebody is giving a good example of America abroad.

I read this article that made me have a little more empathy (dare I say) for George. I really don't like the war, but reading this made me see George a little more as a human.


Here was my response to your comment re: Farmer's markets, btw:
"Except for number 1, I agree with all of those! I think they are so important for a holistic, sustainable, and practical society. This morning I laid awake thinking about how cool and real the possibility is that my neighborhood may have a year-round Farmers Market before it has a grocery store. That is some crazy exciting possibility! I will give that Sigur Ros album a spin when I get a chance. I'm excited!"

I think number 1 was having family that are farmers. I don't have that, but I wish I did!

Also, it may be too up tempo for you, but do you like Death From Above 1979? I'm starting to really like them.