TWO WEEKS AGO...
My beautiful sister, Julie, came to visit Denver, the mountains, Sarah and me. I had not seen her for a few months and to say the least, I was quite excited to see her face. She is so special to me. Too bad she has to live with her beautiful family in their gorgeous new home in Mississippi. While she was in our city we visited the Denver Botanic Gardens. All of the tulips, lilac, and irises were open just right.




Later, we drove over to Estes Park and Rocky Mountain National Park. We hiked all around. It was still quite snowy and cold up there so we did alot of "snow-hiking" if you will. But the experience, beautiful lakes, laughing and mountains we saw at the end was worth it of course.




During our nice picnic lunch my brilliant sister, Sarah, was overjoyed with the wild open spaces up in the Rockies. She got a bit too ecstatic, lost her way, ended up with some bloody scrapes then I had to be a good nurse and fix her wounds. It was hilarious. And I just happened to have my camera while she was jumping about.



The next day, we went to Mount Evans Wilderness Area and hiked some more. The mountain views and evergreens never get old no matter how many times I see them.

Sarah and I decided to "snow-hike" without snowshoes up the side of this hill to see what we could see on the other side. And it was more mountains with more snow...I love this place.

ONE WEEK AGO...
My lovely friend, Kate, my sister, Sarah, and I decided to go to Moab, Utah for Memorial Day weekend. I have always wanted to experience Arches National Park and it did not let me down. Living out west, I am always reminded that the world is quite big and extra beautiful. This part of Utah has the most incredible red rock formations. The arches were made from the earth eroding and bending and salt forming and rain falling and particles coming together to shape arches for millions and millions and millions of years....at least that's what the park rangers say.

We found the perfect campsite to make home for a few days. I love making campfires and then cooking over them. The best food I've ever had has probably always been cooked outside over a fire. Also, the red rocks make for some great climbing.



Sisters, friends, mountains, fresh air, rock-climbing, campfires, bikes, stars at night, sweat, colors, poetry readings, water, cooking, the West, tents and sleeping bags...a pretty good life if you ask me and I just happen to love them all.








3 comments:
haha.... sarah's picture is CLASSIC, i mean CLASSIC. I love it!!
I love that you are doing so much.
promise me you ate baked beans over the camp fire. bc i love baked beans and want to eat them with you.
love you precious friend and all your wonderful pics.
this makes my heart happy.
miss you beautiful friend.
those action shots of sarah made me laugh out loud. that is so funny. it reminds me of the times that seyan and sarah would do similar moves in the west u apartments and our downstairs neighbors wanted to kill us... literally. :)
Post a Comment