I believe that every person should read the book, The Politics of Jesus authored by John Howard Yoder, as I am currently doing.
"Poverty is not created by the poor. It is created by the structures of society and the policies pursued by society. Change the structure as we are doing in Bangladesh, and you will see that the poor change their own lives. Grameen's experience demonstrates that, given the support of financial capital, however small, the poor are fully capable of improving their own lives."
---Muhammad Yunus, Founder of Grameen Bank in Bangladesh

3 comments:
jI saw him on Oprah! (I'm sort of embarrassed to say that.) It sounds like he is doing a good work in Bangladesh. I should read that book.
i am intrigued! I think I might just order the book! Kate has been talking with me about poverty and then i come across your blog! It is crazy because poverty is not an issue in Switzerland...OBVIOUSLY! Something I would like to dive more into:-) Thanks for your inspiration!
um....hellooooo...time for a new post......
Post a Comment